Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I've made a friend

Last night R and I had great Korean food at Korea House with somebody from the HR department who has been really helpful and friendly while I am stuck in the muck of a million administrative tasks which seem to take forever to get done. She's about my age and from Toronto. Around these parts just being from North America means we have a lot more in common than with most other people living here. "Christmas in the summer? That's just so wrong!" It was nice to be part of a social situation that wasn't a forced work function, and it helps me feel a little more settled in.

When I got home I watched The Next Joe Millionaire which I also watch because I hate the contestants. Am I a terrible person, or have I cracked the appeal of reality programming?

1 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, reality shows--the people we love to hate (contestants and producers alike). I've always detested/admired the "deus est machina" aspect of the arrangement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home