Monday, January 23, 2006

First Visitor

A friend of mine is in Fiji doing volunteer work for Greenforce. I knew that she was in Fiji, but we did not have plans until after her ten week stint was over. As it turns out, they were in Suva for a night to pick up supplies. She hopped in a cab and came to USP. I happened to be outside walking to an administrative office to try to track down my work permit. She got out of the cab and saw me walking across the lawn. It was a great supprise. I was showed her around a little and then we went back to my place to cool off. Afterwards, we met up with the rest of her volunteer group. They turned out to be mostly young and mostly British. They were staying at the South Seas Private Hotel. Later we ate at Pizza King, which had quite good pizza for Fiji, then went out to the O'Reilly's Bar, which was pretty much like any bar with pool, beer and ESPN on the bigscreen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home