Monday, December 05, 2005

Triangulation

As I'm finding my reading material pretty much exclusevely from the USP Library these days, I'm catching up on my Zola. I'm currently reading Savage Paris. I'm finding it particularly interesting as it is set primaraly in the fish and vegetable market of Paris known as Les Halles.

Here in Suva I'm taking great delight in the fish and vegetable market seen here [more photos from someone else]


Believe me, the picture does not even begin to show the enormitity and busy complexity of the market. Each time I go, I end up leaving not so much because I'm done shopping, but because I'm overwhelmed and overloaded. Only this weekend did I even realize there was an upstairs.

And today, while cruising around the digital library webspace for work, I come across this excellent online exhibit, which shows me actual photos and images of the Paris market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home