Thursday, February 02, 2006

Signs, Signs Everywhere Signs....

These are pictures of some curious signs I've seen so far...

In the sign below, I think what they mean is "mouth watering". I certainly don't want a sandwich that melts my tongue! It also reminds me of an annoying catchy jingle for a brand of flour here. "made with Australian wheat, it's iron-enriched and ready to eat!" Really? Ready to eat flour?! Every time I hear it, I imagine my mouth full of flour, all powdery around the lips and gummy inside, filled with the delicious taste of raw flour, mmmmm!

This is where I do all my shopping...(not really but I do look there on occasion)

These are the entry requirements to a club. Standard fare for the most part, no flip-flops. But look closely at the second photo. "No Chocking Others" WTF?!

5 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think there are places that do allow choking of others? Did the Brass Rail allow throat slitting because it didn't specifically restrict it?

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger rose said...

It does kinda remind me of being in library public services policy committee meetings where we would have to actually think of and list all the thing you couldn't do in the library because we couldn't have a policy that just said "don't be a jerk" because if you could, you wouldn't need a policy because people wouldn't be being jerks in the first place.

Also makes me think, so chocking yourself is OK?

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will not be politically correct in the current climate, but do check out some of the notices outside mosques in Suva. You might find some interesting rules for females. Up in Toorak perhaps.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger rose said...

Thank you so much for that bit of information! That makes so much more sense than choking in the sense of putting your hands around somebodys throat.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home